Notices

Old 03-22-2012, 09:48 AM
RP Ninja

Default Solidscape Servicing: Atlantic to Pacific Cities- Jim McMahon

Solidscape T76, Solidscape T66, Solidscape Patternmaster, Solidscape Modelmaker, Sanders Prototype, Inc Modelmaker 6Pro machines can all be serviced at any time by one service provider who can travel to your office or take calls to identify the problem. 95% of problems can be identified by just a call. Parts then can be bought anywhere you can find them.
The Forum is a place to meet new user's, share common knowledge and discuss problems that you see. To reach Jim search the Web for Layer Grown Model, James K McMahon or Rapid-cast. Call any time.
I am surprised at how infrequently The problems occur on all machines. Precision Wax printers by Solidscape are special. They are the only wax printer on the market to produce excellent models and are easy to cast. The old 6 Pro can make models as nice as the T76 according to my customers. A T76 can have the same problems as the 6 pro with belt or jet problems that result in poor part quality. These can all be repaired easily. "Keep them running" is my motto. I've been a Service Provider since Sanders was first making machines in the 1994.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:39 AM
RP Ninja

Default Re: Solidscape Servicing: Atlantic to Pacific Cities- Jim McMahon

I found a Patternmaster in a business 8 miles from my home and the User had no idea I repaired machines. I called a potential vendor and they told me the machine was idle for over a month but was sshut off. They had called the OEM and was told no service was available for this 10 year old product (It looked to be in new condition). Within moments (after warm up) it was printing again. The voltage for the printhead was set wrong and the new ($1000) printhead had dirt in the nozzle. I am always amazed at the lack of 'visibility' in this internet world and lack of support from OEM's who only want to sell new machines. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is dominated by large company Blogs and Ads that fill the first pages on a search.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:36 AM
RP Ninja

Default Re: Solidscape Servicing: Atlantic to Pacific "Rim" Cities- Jim McMahon

Service for Older and Newer Solidscape machines is still available from Layer Grown Model Technology operated by Jim McMahon with contact at 603-548-3816 any time. We offer real service support, hardware, tools, supplies, consumables, advice, suggestions and some humor if you need it for those days when your jets just seem to fail too often.
I was just reading the "End Of Life" statements on Solidscape's site and have to laugh. The Jet Technology has never changed from the days when it was invented in the 1980's but the product names keep changing as though the technology has gotten newer. These are still the same old jets but in newer plastic covers. The printing speed has never changed but only the 'extra' time delays have been removed to make it appear like things are getting faster. Two jets print at a set speed. That is a fact. You cannot make them print faster unless you add two more or you cut out some of the jet check and wax cooling times. The older machines may be bigger and have more more parts in them but they all work about the same way.
If you need help with your machine, just ask me. If you want to junk it, I will take it because I have many customers using the older machines everyday with excellent results. The newer machines still need new motors, new jets and new belts just like the older machines. We have the parts if you need them.