Notices

Old 11-26-2009, 04:43 PM

Default Suggestions

I would like to see a forum where users can post tips and tricks they have discovered to make growing better and easier.

Mark
Old 12-03-2009, 08:14 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to 9west
Default Re: Suggestions

Hmmm, seems this is it. No?
Old 12-03-2009, 09:26 PM

Yes, I was referring to a section specifically for tips and tricks. We need to have some order to the board. Of course some topics overlap. We even need a place to post off topic subjects. (In good taste of course)
Old 10-14-2011, 09:39 AM
RP Ninja

The Forum "Active Period" times out to fast. I find when I am writing responses that the Forum asks for my Login information again because it timed out.

Some users need good advice and it takes time to do this. I am writing on my time and offering free information when I reply. I shouldn't have to login after writing. Please extend it.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:48 PM

There does not appear to be an option to increase the time limit on the current version of the forum software... I will look into the costs of the software upgrade and if this option is available in a newer release
Old 12-08-2011, 10:25 AM
RP Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkM View Post
I would like to see a forum where users can post tips and tricks they have discovered to make growing better and easier.

Mark
Mark:

Click on the tab "Community" and then select "Social groups" and there is a group called "Ideas for all machine users" by Jim McMahon
Old 03-27-2012, 09:54 AM
RP Ninja

Default Tip of the Day

Tell everyone that old machines are repairable.
Remember who made the first machines? Sanders Prototype made them in 1994. Some User's are running the 6Pro machine today.
Do you know that Sanders made a large Format printer called the RTM? These are still in use today.
Do you know the Patternmaster (PM) was the work horse of the Solidscape product line? Many are still working today.
Printheads were build for the 1994 machines using jets from a company named Howtek, Inc. Some of these jets are still running today in the 6Pro.
The 6Pro computer has Windows on it. The 6 Pro could manage jet checks and only check jets at pre-selected layers to speed up printing times.
Ah, the good old days.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:09 PM
RP Ninja

Default Re: Suggestions - A wish List by Users

No one wants to give away tips for other users and so we can try a new approach.
Have Users give us their Wish List for what they want from their Solidscape Wax printers.
1. I wish my Solidscape Printer would print the "Same Quality" with all slice thickness's and all printing speeds. I mean the drop placement should be excellent with each configuration and only the layer 'steps' should be seen. Why do User's complain that there are holes or pits in the surfaces or cracks in models with some configurations. Could a machine print all configs in the same slice thickness range at once? That would be cool. Lay out a table of parts with the same layer thickness but choose a different config from the group for each part. This isn't asking too much,is it? Then I could see the resolution difference with each model printed in different build times. Each will finish separately. This is my wish.